Hyde Park Neighborhood | Austin, TX | History of Hyde Park | 2012
- Hyde Park Historic District - rough boundaries are 38th street to the S, 51st to the N, Duval St to the E, and Guadalupe to the W. It's north of the University of Texas and it borders the neighborhoods of Hancock and North Loop.
- Started in 1891, it was Austin's first planned suburb. The suburb boasted an electric streetcar system which provided easier access to downtown Austin.
- It was originally promoted as an affluent residential area and the first homes in the area were grand, Queen Anne style homes.
- By the early 1900's, the marketing was revamped to promote Hyde Park as an affordable neighborhood for working class people. This was reflected in smaller, modest Craftsman style houses and bungalows.
- 1924-1935 was the building boom for Hyde Park
- Hyde Park was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990
- Austin ISD — Lee Elementary, Kealing Middle, McCallum High, & Hyde Park Baptist High
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Association puts on an annual home tour and also distributes a monthly newsletter, the Pecan Press
- 43rd St & Duval is considered the "town center" of Hyde Park w/ a local bakery, Hyde Park Bar & Grill, Mother's vegetarian restaurant.
- Easy access to Hancock Shopping Center w/ HEB & other chains
- Neighbors Hancock Golf Course
- Shipe Park (named after the brains behind the creation of Hyde Park) has 2 basketball courts, 2 tennis courts, picnic tables, playground and a pool.
Market Report 2010 SOLD homes
Average Price: $358,297
Average $/Square Foot: $298.80
Average Days On Market: 64
High price: $730,000
Low price: $165,000
Homes SOLD: 30
Market Report 2011 SOLD homes
Average Price: $367,613
Average $/Square Foot: $241.50
Average Days On Market: 73
High price: $725,000
Low price: $190,000
Homes SOLD: 28
Market Report 2012 SOLD homes
Average Price: $418,939
Average $/Square Foot: $266.10
Average Days On Market: 31
High price: $810,000
Low price: $193,500
Homes SOLD: 31 (on pace for 42 for 2012)
— — —
Agent Aaron Vaughn | REALTOR©
Call or text @ 512-845-4204