City of Lakeway TX | Austin, TX | History of Lakeway TX | 2012
- Resort community located in the Texas Hill Country, on the south shore of Lake Travis.
- 25 miles west of downtown Austin.
- Originally considered more of a retirement/2nd home community but families and young professionals have been drawn to it due to unlimited activities.
- The city has 100 acres of parkland and trails, 500 acres of greenbelts, golf courses, tennis courts, marinas, a private airport, full service hotel and spa and a 65 mile long lake.
- The town began in 1963 with the grand opening of the Lakeway Inn, now the Lakeway Resort and Spa.
- Population 11,391 (2010 census) - that is an increase of over 3,000 people from 200 census.
- Lake Travis ISD - with award winning schools - 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 high school
- Lakeway Regional Medical Center is a 54 acre medical complex that includes a state of the art general hospital (which opened in 2012.) It will also include retail space and parkland when completed.
- Community activities and events: 4 times a year (March, May, July and September) the City-Wide Indoor Garage Sale is hosted by the Lakeway Activity Center.
- Lakeway Recreation Center hosts holiday events such as The Great Goblin Glow, Lights On! Holiday Celebration, Eggstravaganza as well as Movies in the Park, Dive-In Movies (movies in the pool) & ViewPoints Dinner/Speaker Series.
- Median household income: $96,771
Market Report 2010 SOLD homes
Average Price: $405,508
Average $/Square Foot: $136.70
Average Days On Market: 99
High price: $1,500,000
Low price: $140,000
Homes SOLD: 191
Market Report 2011 SOLD homes
Average Price: $394,119
Average $/Square Foot: $135.40
Average Days On Market: 91
High price: $3,600,000
Low price: $113,00
Homes SOLD: 191
Market Report 2012 SOLD home
Average Price: $408,092
Average $/Square Foot: $138.20
Average Days On Market: 64
High price: $1,750,000
Low price: $183,000
Homes SOLD: 205 (on pace for 277 for 2012)